Monday, January 10, 2022

Waldorf: Applesauce "Birthday" Cake

Applesauce "Birthday" Cake
  • 3.25 c whole wheat pastry flour
  • 1.5 t baking soda
  • 1.5 t cinnamon
  • 3/4 c butter
  • 1 c maple syrup
  • 1/2 c molasses or honey
  • 1 egg
  • 1.5 c applesauce
Combine dry ingredients. Cut in the butter. add rest of ingredients, beat well. Bake at 350 degrees for around 1 hour.


Verse of Anticipation
When I have said my evening prayer,
and my clothes are folded on the chair,
when Mother switches out the light,
I'll still be ___ years old tonight!
But at the break of day,
before the children rise and play,
before the darkness turns to gold,
Then I'll be ___ years old.

Birthday Verse
In heaven shines a golden star
An Angel lead me from afar
From heaven on high unto the earth
And brought me to my house of birth.

Birthday Song
We wish you a happy birthday
a joyous and celebrated birthday
To our friend _____
May you have a long, long life

No comments:

Post a Comment