Sunday, May 4, 2014

Hugh Fearnley Whittingstalls: Dahl

http://www.welovethisbook.com/features/hugh-fearnley-whittingstalls-dahl

It's going to be eaten this week in France, along with curried vegetables and rice on a 5:2 fasting day!

Made the soup as part of dinner tonight, I misremembered some of the items so it was a little different.

I rinsed the lentil that I had (about one cup) and put in pot with about 2 cups of water and turned the heat on. Added some vegetable broth paste.

In another pot I put a diced onion and cooked that with a little canola oil until it turned color, then added the cumin seeds. Added tumeric then combined the two pots.

Added some parsley right when serving the dish.

The soup had a great flavor, but the lentils probably should have cooked a bit longer.

I was going to take a photo of the left overs, but realized at the end of the meal that I hadn't turned the burner off so so the beans were too dried out and were tossed.


The other part of the meal was:
grilled chicken
grilled zucchini
grilled corn on the cob
Salad: lettuce, diced tomato and cucumber, black olives, goats cheese, red onion, oil and vinegar



No comments:

Post a Comment