Yield: Serves 4
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 (12-ounce) package prechopped fresh butternut squash
- 3 cups prechopped kale
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1.1 ounces all-purpose flour (about 1/4 cup)
- 2 3/4 cups 1% low-fat milk, divided
- 2 ounces Gruyère cheese, shredded and divided
- 1 ounce Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 6 no-boil lasagna noodles
- 3 tablespoons chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Combine 1/4 cup water and squash in an 8-inch square glass or ceramic baking dish. Cover tightly with plastic wrap; pierce plastic wrap 2 to 3 times. Microwave at HIGH 5 minutes or until tender; drain. Combine squash and kale in a large bowl. Wipe dish dry.
- Heat a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add garlic; cook 2 minutes or until garlic begins to brown, stirring occasionally. Weigh or lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Combine flour and 1/2 cup milk in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk until smooth. Add milk mixture and remaining 2 1/4 cups milk to pan; increase heat to medium-high. Bring to a boil; cook 1 minute or until thickened, stirring frequently. Remove from heat. Stir in 1 ounce Gruyère, Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, salt, and pepper; stir until cheese melts.
- Coat baking dish with cooking spray. Spread 1/3 cup milk mixture in bottom of dish. Arrange 2 noodles over milk mixture; top with half of squash mixture and 2/3 cup milk mixture. Repeat layers once, ending with remaining noodles and remaining milk mixture. Cover with foil; bake at 450° for 15 minutes. Remove foil; sprinkle remaining Gruyère and pecans over top. Bake, uncovered, at 450° for 10 minutes or until lightly browned and sauce is bubbly. Let stand 5 minutes.
Amount per serving
Saturated fat: 5.8g
Monounsaturated fat: 7.3g
Polyunsaturated fat: 2.1g
Cindy made this for Alex's 25th birthday celebration.