This year we made with the non-gluton noodles Alex brought. We had four over - but had more than half left over!
Hands-On Time: 25m
Total Time: 25m
- 12 ounces spaghetti (3/4 box)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 small yams, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 small sweet potato, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- seasoned black pepper
- 1/2 red onion sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan (1 ounce)
- 1/3 - 1 cup ricotta
1. Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Reserve ½ cup of the cooking water. Drain the pasta and return it to the pot.
2. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
3. Add the potatoes, seasoned black pepper. Cook, covered, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes.
4. Add the onion and rosemary. Cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes are tender, 3 to 5 minutes.
5. Toss the pasta with the potato mixture, Parmesan, ricotta to taste and reserved cooking water.
This creamy dish is also great with butternut squash in place of the sweet potato.
Calories 551; Fat 13g; Sat Fat 4g; Cholesterol 16mg; Sodium 566mg; Protein 20g; Carbohydrate 87g; Fiber 7g
Original recipe here:http://www.realsimple.com/food-recipes/browse-all-recipes/spaghetti-sweet-potatoes-ricotta-recipe-00000000020553/index.html
Made even quicker variation.
1 bag butternut squash (was frozen) - put in frying pan with a little oil, cook until brown
1/4 bag eggless noodles - prepare as it says on package
1 red onion - chop and saute until getting color in frying pan
2 small containers cottage cheese
Combine the drained noodles, squash, onion, cottage cheese, rosemary and salt and pepper to taste.